Sustainable Tower Grove is a community-driven effort to create a Sustainable Energy Cooperative Purchase Program. The effort is led by the Southwest Garden Neighborhood Association and the South Grand Community Improvement District. The project is modeled after the Department of Energy’s Solarize Guidebook.
- Community education about the benefits of energy audits, solar photovoltaic arrays, and white solar reflective roofs.
- Information about financing options, utility rebates, and federal tax credit incentives for energy efficiency technology.
- A Cooperative Purchase Program enabling discounted pricing. A limited enrollment period applies.
- Contractors participating in the Cooperative Purchase Program are pre-qualified through a competitive review process, and will participate in the educational sessions.
- Both commercial and residential properties are eligible.
- The Cooperative Purchase Program is focused on, but not exclusive to, the neighborhoods encircling Tower Grove Park, including Shaw, Southwest Garden, The Hill, Tower Grove East and Tower Grove South.
- Additional partners include: US Green Building Council Gateway Chapter, Missouri Botanical Garden, PNC Bank, Missouri Energy Initiative, Set the Pace St Louis, Apex Midwest, FDH Engineering Innovation, Microgrid Solar, and the Green Dining Alliance.
Monday, July 22, 7 pm, Southwest Garden Neighborhood meeting, 5602 Arsenal
Wednesday, Aug. 7, 6 pm, Tower Grove Business Assoc meeting, 3405 Bent
Thursday, Aug. 8, 6 pm, Public Presentation at Earthways Center, Commerce Bank Building, 4649 Shaw
Wednesday, Aug. 14, 7 pm, Landlord & Developers meeting, at MO Botanical Garden, 4300 Shaw
Thursday, Aug. 15, 11 am, So Grand Business meeting, 3134 S Grand Blvd.
Monday, Sept. 9, 5:30 pm, Hill Business Association meeting, 5226 Shaw
Wednesday, Sept. 18, 6 pm, Public Presentation at Earthways Center, Commerce Bank Building, 4649 Shaw