Welcome friends and neighbors! The weather is turning the corner and we can see many enjoying the sun shine! This announcement will highlight details for our annual trivia night and upcoming elections.
(1) The Southwest Garden Neighborhood Association will be sponsoring the annual trivia night on Saturday, March 29th at the St. Louis Activity Center located at 5602 Arsenal Street. Doors open at 6:00 pm. Trivia begins at 7 pm. Pat Imig will, once again, serve as our master of ceremonies! Beer, wine, soda and water are included in with your ticket purchase. Please bring your own snacks for your table. There will be a 50/50 raffle, silent auction and prizes. Single tickets are $25.00 and a table of eight is $200.00. To reserve your ticket, simply call SJ Pagano @ 314-799-2760. You may also mail or drop off a check at the office – 4950 Southwest.
(2) If you have any nice, gently used items you would like to donate to the silent auction, please call SJ Pagano at 314-799-2760; or, call the office @ 314-772-6082.
(3) As this annual trivia night is a major fund raiser for the year, if you are not attending the event, we prayerfully ask you consider making a donation to the Southwest Garden Neighborhood Association. Simply mail the check to 4950 Southwest Ave. St. Louis, MO 63139.
(4) Our next scheduled membership meeting is April 28th. We will hold elections. In order to vote, you will need to have membership dues must be paid in full for the 2014 calendar year by March 28th. Click this link, to access the form now. Membership Form 2013
(5) March is culinary month at the St. Louis Public Library. The Kingshighway branch will be sponsoring “Brew time” on Wednesday, March 19th from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm. A wonderful opportunity to learn how to brew tea and pair tea with cookies!
Lastly, I am sadden to report that Dana Gray will no longer be serving as our Executive Director for the Neighborhood Association. She has been a tremendous asset to the neighborhood! Her presence will be sorely missed. I will be taking over Dana’s duty as the new Director on a part time basis, Please be patient as I “learn the ropes!”
Kristina “Kris” Jackson