Greetings to one and all on this start of another year. May 2018 bring you and yours good health, happiness and joy.
I will soon be starting to take down my Christmas decorations. I thought it would be appropriate to share convenient
drop off sites for recycling your Christmas tree.
City residents can take the bare Christmas tree to one of three city parks to be recycled.
- Remove ornaments, tinsel, lights and tree stand.
- Do not put the tree in a plastic bag or cover it.
- Wreaths and pine roping are not accepted at the sites.
When to drop off trees
Tuesday, December 26, 2017 through Friday, January 12, 2018
At any one of these three park locations:
- Forest Park, Lower Muny Opera parking lot
- O’Fallon Park, West Florissant and Holly, picnic grounds #4
- Carondelet Park, Grand and Holly Hills, area between gate & recycling containers
No fees apply
What to Expect
Trees will be recycled into mulch and made available to City residents.
I don’t know about you, but I often receive many greeting cards over the holiday, I don’t like to throw them in the trash, so I use the internet and came up with these links. I thought you might like to know some easy, simple, diy crafts you can do with old Christmas cards. Simply check
Don’t forget to check out pinterest, there is a wealth of ideas to explore.
Activities, news and events will continue to be posted, so stay tuned~
In service and gratitude,
Kristina D. Jackson, M.S.W.